I want to download Gimp, but VIPRE will not allow me?

I want to download Gimp since I didn't acquire Photoshop. Is there anyway I can enable downloads without harming my computer? Is there anyway around my virus protection software?

I recently bought a refurbished laptop and I do not know a thing about this particular virus protection software. (I am not computer illiterate, I just never used VIPRE)

10 pts to whomever finds a solution. I appreciate it.

I get this notification on every attempt:

A known bad file was blocked from opening.

Program:

0rD7x3XF.exe.part(Adware Installer)

-------

I know for sure Gimp s not a bad program because I've used it in the past and have never encountered problems.

• B K
    Favorite Answer

You need to get GIMP from the proper website: http://www.gimp.org/

Luckily for you your anti-virus blocked the bogus software you were trying to download - coz you were downloading it from a rogue website.

The real GIMP from the real website has no adware/spyware/viruses/toolbars - the real installer just installs GIMP and nothing else.

It's really important that you always download software from the official website - not just for GIMP but for any software.