Is Lenny Kravitz confirm as classic rock?

Today on the radio

My favorite classic rock channel The Arrow played Lenny K. Fly Away and I was like wtf? Is this suppose to be in The Buzz alternative radio?

• Jeff J
    Favorite Answer

That was the only big hit Lenny had!I would say yes, it is based on the fact it's still a popular song at least amongst his fans and even the few such as my self that like the song and that's about the only one we can remember by Lenny! ;) If you like check out the link i added for my source.Maybe it might help?

If you aren’t sure whether a particular song or album should be considered classic rock, subject it to this test:

When was it recorded?

If it was within the past 15-20 years, it hasn’t been around long enough to be considered classic, no matter how big a hit it was or who recorded it. On the other hand, the mere fact that it was recorded 40 years ago doesn’t automatically mean it’s considered classic either.

How big a hit was it?

It may have been a personal favorite of yours, but in order to qualify as classic, it has to have been the personal favorite of a few million of your closest friends too.

Who recorded it?

This will no doubt be a factor in how big a hit it was, but if only one or two songs from a particular album were widely accepted, it isn’t likely the artist or group falls into the classic category.

• Can you still hear it on the radio and find it online or in the record store?

"Purple People Eater" may have been a huge hit in 1958, but you won't hear it on a classic rock station today. As with automobiles, there’s a big difference between classic and antique.

Just as classic rock radio stations don’t agree universally on what exact time period encompasses classic rock, there isn’t a hard and fast dictionary definition for us to apply. Through the process of listening to it, learning about it, and discussing it with others, you’ll eventually be able to know it when you hear it.

Now, can anybody tell me who wrote the book of love?

• Sometimes they play some new songs on those radio stations that sounds close to the music they usually play there. Like the other day my friend was on a Classic Rock station and they were playing Elliott Smith. His music is even more recent than Lenny Kravitz.

And at one point they even played an Incubus song.

It's one of the warning signs that you're getting old