Can you publicly say the pledge of allegiance?

Not interested in any arguments or opinions, just rules and laws... Can you publicly pledge allegiance to the US flag?

Asking because someone shared a photo on Facebook saying that you couldn't.

I think that person was probably thinking of the "under God" line, but even then - there's no laws/rules preventing you from saying that are there? Some schools just no longer force children to say that line....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan H
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, you can say the pledge of allegiance in public. Many schools have stopped making children recite it, largely because of the Under God line.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, you can say the pledge of allegiance in public.

What is this photo saying you can't?

• 7 years ago

well whoever posted such a photo and said you couldnt is dumb. of course you can say the pledge of allegiance in public. INCLUDING UNDER GOD! its frustrating and aweful that we as citizens of the United States have grown so far from God. we need to put him BACK into our lives, stop shutting him out!

• 7 years ago

You can as long as there aren't any of are "liberal" frenz around. Your First Amendment right to free speech permits you to say it (sing it OUT, bro'! lol), but said "liberals" flat hate the First Amendment, and that's why you better check before you start the Pledge. And then check AGAIN(!) before you say the word 'God' (that's the one they REALLY hate!).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Edgar, I think you're mistaking the fantasy in your head for reality again.

• Rance
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

yes i can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.