t man asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

cocker spaniel or mini schnauzer?

I'm thinking about gettinga puppy but dont know which one to get any help.

And pls don't tell me another puppy besides one of theses because that will be no help..

i also grew up having 3 cocker spaniels.

Hello.

Congratulation for getting a new puppy!

That sounds very exciting:)

If I were you, I would choose Cocker spaniel. Since you had 3 of them before, you would feel much comfortable with the breed, and you won't have to spend much time to get used to the new puppy. However, if you want to try a new breed, it might be challenging at the beginning, but you might end up liking miniature Schnauzers more than Cocker spaniels. Both of them are very energetic, although schnauzer is little bit less energetic than Cocker spaniels.

So the decision is up to you.

If you don't like to take any risk, then I will say go for Cocker spaniel.

But if you want to try out new breed, then go for mini schnauzer.

Both of them are adorable.

I have a Springer spaniel lab cross and I love him to death! And my friend has a cocker spaniel that's the cutest thing ever, I don't know about schnauzers but cocker spaniels have ALOT of energy as I'm sure you already know. Personally I'd go for a schnauzer because when I was little I met this mini schnauzer and his name was Harry, he was the gentlest dog ever and also adorable. I just have a soft spot for schnauzers! 😊

With respect to answer #1 I'd go with the Cocker, if you've already had the experience. I will say however, while a breed choice might matter, what will matter most with any breed is your level of caring, training, on all levels.

• CDog

Of those two breeds, I would choose a Schnauzer.