Too embarrassed to be on crutches on school tomorrow?

I broke my foot and I have to go to school tomorrow despite my injury. I have a cast on which doubles the embarrassment. I can't take people looking at me when I'm walking in the hallways and talk about me secretly. I'll be like this for 2 weeks so what should I do?

Favorite Answer

Listen, there is nothing embarrassing about wearing crutches. Whilst it might seem bad if people are talking about you there is a high chance that the subject of conversation is unrelated, and they are merely glancing at your cast; purely out of interest!

After all, two weeks isn't too long a period of time, and others will have crutches or braces at some point or another so you are not the odd one out, sweety okay?

I hope it doesn't hurt too much? And remember, if people are talking about you, just don't let it show. This is old advice but it is valid! :-)

Source(s): Secondary experiences (pretty much all my friends/cousins!)

There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Just be thankful you are able to get around. I broke my ankle over a month ago, I have a cast from my toes to thigh, and cannot walk or even stand up. I know it seems like everyone is looking at you and talking about you, but who cares? Some people have so little going on in their lives that they have to talk about others..

Source(s): life