Why did it take me two years to get pregnant?

Literally, we've tried for two years and I am just now pregnant. TWO YEARS! My cycles are irregular and heavy, sometimes they get back to regular 30 day cycles but other times they can be two weeks late. I did worry about being pregnant A LOT during a few months, I overthought it and it made my period late. Could that have caused my body to mimic pregnancy and stop ovulation and effect my other cycles? I just dont get it. My mom cant have children anymore and we dont know why, its been 10 years of trying for her, shes 38 now. Could that effect me? Im worried that if I miscarry I wont be able to get pregnant for a long time or I wont be able to have another child. It shouldnt have taken us two years. maybe it was his sperm? Dont know. he doesnt eat healthy but that shouldnt effect it too much, he isnt overweight. if anyone could help, thatd be great! Oh and Last month i decided not to worry about getting pregnant and this month I am!! I cant help but feel that has a huge impact. Thanks all for any advice or thoughts on the matter.

Favorite Answer

The very first time I had sex in 1994 I got pregnant. Second time took 5 months. Third took a few weeks. (that one never materialised).

Now my fiance and I have been trying since May, and, nothing. Remember you have a 20-25% maximum chance, at your best point. No wonder couples "miss".

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Literally, we've tried for two years and I am just now pregnant. TWO YEARS! My cycles are irregular and heavy, sometimes they get back to regular 30 day cycles but other times they can be two weeks late. I did worry about being pregnant A LOT during a few months, I overthought it and it made my...

Source(s): years pregnant: https://tr.im/USFG0

You do..that when uve had intercourse you really dont have 100% chance of getting pregant. Its random...its more of a matter of chance.

Not to mension sperm is treated by the body as an intruder.So out of all the many milions of sperm injected into ur system,very little acutally do have a chance to make it to the egg..2 years?…U were just unlucky. And now u have ur baby, so chill.

No one has a one hundred percent chance of getting pregant- ur actally quite luck for some it takes 5-7yrs.

Source(s): science. Although not as detailed as id like.
  • Ann

It could be a variety of things. You could have a tipped uterus or ?Go to a doctor to get hormone shots

Because your irregular its hard to pinpoint when ovulation is. You should be fine but if you feel any different or cramping that hurts see your doctor.