Anonymous

Will I stay alone for the rest of my life?

I find almost all people boring. Some seem just stupid, others are deceitful and liers. There is really nobody for me to talk to. Is it because I don't understand other people maybe or humans are indeed so damn degraded these days?

I've been there.

I used to think that humanity was but a plague upon the earth, like an infected limb to be amputated. Even in my day-to-day life I would look around me and wonder how it was that people could be so fake, so stupid, so shallow - but I've never truly been keen on human interaction. I've since grown out of this phase, but it was only through a lot of personal growth and external assistance that I was able to overcome this perspective. I suggest reading Catcher in the Rye (when read critically, this book may offer a lot of comfort in knowing that you are not alone) and, although this might just be me, I was able to relate to people more over the internet than anywhere else - and so I began browsing sites like Reddit and eventually 4chan. The humor is crude, but people are sort of crude, and I was able to accept them as they were in this way. I found that dystopian novels also offered another view on humanity to which I was able to relate, and satire in general is a wonderful genre, as it provides advice on how humans can be changed. Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World are two popular books I'd recommend to you. Good luck

Get yourself away from the 'mirror' and your own selfish importance and, you may just find friends who will appreciate having you around.