how do you sync a Mercedes-Benz smart key?

The smart key just stopped working. I rrplaced the batteries (CR2025) and it still does not work. Also very strange that the scan feature on the radio does not work properly. The radio still works but the scan feature rolls completely through the dial without stopping on a station. I do not know if the two are related or separate issues.

Favorite Answer

Year and Model will help to give you the right way. It's different from model to model.

THAT shouldn't be necessary. Your key does not know what car it belongs to; Your car does! So when you change a battery in your smart key, that's all you have to do. No syncing is necessary.

Your radio has nothing to do with lock/unlock feature of your car.

I just went through my manual (2013 C250). It mentions nothing about syncing when changing battery.

• m

two issues. The scan not finding a station is consistent for all models in that there is not sufficient strength in any station to cross the signal strength threshold.

As to the key, you might want to visit with your service advisor.