Atheists: Why are you an atheist? Christians: Why are you a Christian?

state what you are and why.

I need more than just "no proof god exists"

22 Answers

Relevance
  • PEACE
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am an atheist as a result of years of study. My beliefs have scientific evidence as well as a massive amount of subjective evidence using repeatable tests. My theory is rooted in quantum physics and it parallels the teachings of Jesus - and opposes the teachings of Paul. Even Jesus didn't believe in the Jewish God as you would know if you were more familiar with the teachings of Jesus - both in the Bible and in the Nag Hammadi Library as well as the history of Christianity itself.

• 7 years ago

"I need more than just 'no proof god exists' "

Are you suggesting that I should invent reasons then?

In reality "Proof" isn't important, it is the complete lack of any genuine evidence leading to the conclusion that a god exists that makes me an atheist (it is rare for things to actually be considered 'proven', science leaves room for potential new discoveries).

Do you properly understand what an atheist is? If you are not sufficiently convinced that a god of some description does exist, then you are an atheist - so a lack of convincing evidence is all that it takes.

• 7 years ago

Why would you need more than that? For some people, that is all there is to it... they see no evidence for any gods whatsoever.

I'm a Pagan because I believe in Pagan Gods. Christians are Christian because they believe in Jesus. Atheists are atheists because they don't believe in any Gods.

It's pretty simple. Belief is not a choice-- religion is, but belief isn't.

• pmaxu
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Wait, we can't use the most fundamental reason for not believing in god?

I mean, sure, I can list a tonne of reasons about why I don't think god exists, but in the end, it's the complete lack of proof that we're talking about. Let's just call it what it is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I say i'm a "somewhat Christian"

I believe in God

I don't like the Bible.

I believe in Hell.

I believe in the Devil.

I don't go to Church.

I sometimes question if God is real.

Why am i a "christian"? Because i do believe that things were made by god, I just can't wrap my finger around a "Big bang" maybe that happened, but God is real.

I do have a feeling that God is real because nothing i had prayed for didn't come true, and it wasn't just luck... it was a feeling God was answering me.

• 7 years ago

I'm an atheist mainly for the same reason I don't believe in leprechauns or vampires. I have no good reason to believe stories about them are anything more than folklore, and good reason to believe people would make up such stories.

Another reason is that our universe is not as I would expect it to be, if there were a god. But it is completely consistent with a universe with no gods in it.

• 7 years ago

For an atheist, there can be no explanation further than finding no proof for the existence of any gods. If you are looking for some deeper, spiritual core to a philosophy based on reality, you'll not find an answer that will satisfy you.

You're welcome.

• 7 years ago

I'm an atheist because I recognize that humanity is not at the center of the universe, and that there is no such thing as magic.

The fact that people still use the mythology of the ancient Middle East as an excuse to pretend otherwise is something that is both sad and baffling.

• 7 years ago

Tons of proof of God exists! ALL of the history in the Bible has been confirmed facts, at least twice, from records found in neighboring countries! Plus the records in Israel it self! Plus lots of places in the Bible are still around! Like Noah's Ark is near the top of a mountain Turkey! Photos first taken of it over 150 years ago! Why don't you watch "The Incredible Discovery Of Noah's Ark"? It is on DVD. It has hours of proof!

Plus over 86% of the predictions in the Bible have happened and 100% correct/facts!

Plus a hidden code was found in the Bible just two decades ago! Get yourself a book or DVD on the "Bible Code" and see how everything is coded in the Bible! Including yourself!

People that believe in God are full of Love!

Atheists do Not have any Love in their life! They live thinking only of themselves all the time. Are often depressed.

Source(s): Bible, history
  • 7 years ago

You need more than just "no proof god exists"?

Too bad. That's all you're getting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.