How to take care of chapped lips?

My lips are VERY dry and chapped all the time! I have tried using petroleum jelly! But it doesn't work! At least not for me!!Can someone tell me what to do to have healthy lips?

Favorite Answer

i use a lip balm from Avon- with honey and bees-wax; helps a lot and also tastes good. avoid touching your lips with your tongue while outside; and foods like: lemons, oranges; vinegar; pickles, etc...

The brand of Petroleum Jelly that you are probably using isn't strong enough. Try a different brand, such as Vaseline.

To avoid getting chapped lips, always make sure they aren't wet and dry in the wind - that's what makes them sore in the first place.

Sorry if I wasn't much help XD

Source(s): experience

Try cold sore cream. I use Blistex to stop my lips from cracking, because they start bleeding a lot. You'll have to reapply whenever they start getting dry again, but it's worth it. Also, keep a smooth, gliding lipgloss with you (the sticky kind). Aloe vera ones are good.

Try using chap sticks... Or use Vaseline! Hope I helped!

My friend was on some medicine that made her lips very dry. She used Aquaphor it worked very well. You can get it at CVS, Target, etc.

http://www.target.com/p/aquaphor-healing-ointment-...

i would say drink lots of water as this not only hydrates your brain but your skin and body

Yep use vaseline!!!