Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

What flashes into your mind once someone says that he is Syrian ?

I want to know what Western people think about us and their perception in general regardless of emotions and motives.

Favorite Answer

"Really, how interesting, may I ask you some questions about what is going on in your country? Get the view of someone on the ground?"

That's what went through my head.

Anyone who is not in politics over there or some radical group is just trying to survive and I think the radicals are the minority no matter what the media says. They have Schools parks homes recreation culture and people just having normal relationships. I feel it is the government and politically motivated groups that make the situation bad on both sides.

I think a lot of them are probably really nice people.

What flashed in my mind was dusty desert region and out door markets, admittedly that's more Syria than a Syrian and tbh I have no idea if that is an accurate depiction but it is what popped into my mind.

I think about how sad the conflict in Syria is, and hope it eventually ends for the best. I also think they may just possibly be a refugee. That's about it.

Are you always so Syrian or do you have a bit of a sense of humor too?

First thing that went through my head?

"Hopefully the region will settle down and be safe for me to visit sometime soon".

Maple syrup.

No seriously, that's the first thing I think of.

The futility of war.

• what are you doing here? you should be in Syria.

Source(s): that's what runs through my head when i see a military age able bodied man from some allahuakbar country seeking refuge in Europe only to turn into a radical few years later.