Matt Vo asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

Wisdom Teeth pain and treatment?

Its been 2 days since my surgery. I haven't slept since I woke up from surgery due to pain. My whole left cheek is swelling while on my right only the bottom is swelling. I had 6 teeth removed 4 wisdom and 2 top molars. I've been taking medication but none of it is working. I was prescribed Lortab but when I took it nothing happened even after 9 hours. Everything was still the same. The same pain and swelling. Also to mention I took some advil but it didn't work either. What do I do?

Favorite Answer

There should be hardly any pain or swelling after tooth extraction. It sounds like you have an infection. You should see a doctor.

• Pamela

I am going through the same thing, sorta. Only all four of my wisdom teeth have deep cavities. My dentist put me on an antiobiotic to help with the infection, until I can get them all removed. You don't need a fake tooth in place of your wisdom tooth, you'd be perfectly fine with no wisdom teeth at all. Tooth extractions (with no dental insurance) should cost about $300-400 per tooth, at most places. It costs less if the tooth is fully grown in, and depends on how the roots have grown in the gums. Fillings wouldn't help if the cavity is that bad... it would just fall right out, and waste your money. I feel your pain though... it hurts like a mother******!