Meow Meow asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Will the hair dye come out eventually?

I dyed my hair bright red a few months back then put a medium brown over it. My hair is short because of being over processed so I am not putting my hair through anything. My hair is naturally like the color of caramel. My hair currently is a medium brown with a couple red spots and caramel roots. Will the hair dye wash out or fade out eventually? Like in a couple months or so? Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It will fade a bit but not completely. Your roots will just keep growing your natural color but the dye won't come out permanently, and will still have a red tinge because red dye does that to hair. You can go to a salon to get the color stripped though which will put more strain on your hair. My advice is to just grow it out.

• 7 years ago

Yes, it will probably fade out, in about 2-3 months maybe, depending on the dye you used :)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Red hair dye is very difficult to get out. Your best option is to get it professionally treated. I re-dyed my hair several times after dying it red and the red still showed.

Hope this helps

Source(s): Experience
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

depends on the die when it will come out if you get cheap stuff or stuff that says like temporary then yeah itll come out faster but if u spend more money on it or it says permanent then it might be a while (about 6 months but it all depends on you) but yes all hair dye will eventually come out whether it fades or grows out (:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It will fade out eventually, Marceline. Just try to get plenty of sun.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.