Meow Meow asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Will the hair dye come out eventually?

I dyed my hair bright red a few months back then put a medium brown over it. My hair is short because of being over processed so I am not putting my hair through anything. My hair is naturally like the color of caramel. My hair currently is a medium brown with a couple red spots and caramel roots. Will the hair dye wash out or fade out eventually? Like in a couple months or so? Thanks

Favorite Answer

It will fade a bit but not completely. Your roots will just keep growing your natural color but the dye won't come out permanently, and will still have a red tinge because red dye does that to hair. You can go to a salon to get the color stripped though which will put more strain on your hair. My advice is to just grow it out.

Yes, it will probably fade out, in about 2-3 months maybe, depending on the dye you used :)

Red hair dye is very difficult to get out. Your best option is to get it professionally treated. I re-dyed my hair several times after dying it red and the red still showed.

Hope this helps

Source(s): Experience

depends on the die when it will come out if you get cheap stuff or stuff that says like temporary then yeah itll come out faster but if u spend more money on it or it says permanent then it might be a while (about 6 months but it all depends on you) but yes all hair dye will eventually come out whether it fades or grows out (:

It will fade out eventually, Marceline. Just try to get plenty of sun.