Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Do men like LARGE butts on women because they can produce children?

Not trying to be gross or anything but one of my sisters is beautiful, healthy and has an hourglass figure which her boyfriend is crazy about. Of course he loves her for who she is thought.

When she and I were out, she got hit on by a lot of men. Men were after her. This one dude asked if she hadxq boyfriend because she is very beautiful. Also when we walked away, he was staring at her butt. She has a big curvy butt and I have a small curvy butt. No wonder some other men don't want their women to get their butts smaller. Is having a big curvy butt better for having as many children?

• Werbie
    Favorite Answer

It's better for heart health

:P

People like all different things. Some people get turned on by shoes. I think the only link between fertility and a big butt is the broadening of the hips that women have which men do not. Not sticking out in the back, but wider hips, the typical girls hips. In fact, that's the origin of the word "broad". Women's hips that flare out sideways a bit are feminine and attractive, perhaps for the fertility that implies - wider pelvic structure makes having babies more likely to be successful perhaps.

A big butt with wide hips is very favored, especially by black and latin men. But I don't want a behind that is all over the place, otherwise referred to as a badungadonk.

• Seb

I don't know why I like them, but I do, so long as they're not disgustingly flabby/saggy etc.

I've heard the fertile theory before - that men are attracted to females with large breasts and "butts" because they look more able to raise a child or something.

A small hip to waist ratio is favoured because it signals optimal health and the ability to bear healthy children. Smaller women with big behinds is simply sexualized. It sends men the message that she is healthy but can actually eat. And no, it's not just black and Latino men that like this body type.

I don't like women with huge butts, but a little jiggle is nice to watch from behind and a little jiggle in the chest department is nice too. I like soft and curvy women. I don't like bean poles with rib cages sticking out and no boobs. I don't like obese women either. I just like women with some meat on their bones that look soft and curvy and dress and act really feminine and want to please me as much as I want to please them.

Source(s): I'm a 35 yo man.

not all men like big butts as they will be hitting the floor when the women are older, here in Ireland it would not be seen as a big thing to have a big butt

You're quite small, aren't you? If you're small, but have a big bottom in comparison to the rest f your frame, you'll be just as fertile as a female who's larger than you and has a big behind. It doesn't matter if you're smaller, but as long as it sticks out more thsn the rest of your body.

Source(s): The truth

No, it's the curves. As the guys say, "She has curves in places where other women don't even have places."

we love them because it gives us something to grab while we're doing nasty sweaty stuff.