Is it true that germany only accepts immigrants from the EU countries?

Im a 23 year old truck driver from south africa, I would like to know if Germany welcomes immigrants and if the processus is easy (I heard that there is shortage in truck drivers in most of the european countries specially germany because of its strong economy and aging population...)

Btw, I speak german fluently

Thank you

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That's ridiculous. Most of the Immigrants in Deutschland are Turkish. However the process is not easy as i have read. They are very strict and choosy. And above all they mostly grant immigration to highly skilled persons like doctors, engineers, scientists etc. Your odds might be low.

Source(s): Personal Experience (Studied in DE for 2 years)
  • 7 years ago

No european country only accepts immigration from the EU but most only accept non eu immigration in advanced engineering and scientific fields that they have shortages in. I understand it is tough as you are genuinlly looking for the work and speak german so would already be better than many previous immigrants but if the doors of europe were thrust open again everyone would come, including millions upon millions from india, pakistan, china and the like. Lorry drivers wont be on any wanted jobs lists. Germany has the whole of the EU which is over 500 million people to get lorry drivers from.

• 7 years ago

If you're not an EU citizen, getting a work visa will be nigh-on impossible. Work visas in the EU are only available for jobs that can't be filled easily within the EU; generally very highly skilled jobs, mostly medical or technical. There are no visas for truck drivers.

• 7 years ago

You will not get a work visa as a truck driver........... and you heard wrong there ar plenty of European Lorry drivers both in employment and looking for employment.............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

without a degree in a highly specialized skill

chances are limited

they can pull employer from the whole of Europe at no cost

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No its not, but it is true all others need immigration permission to move there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.