Question about losing weight, and being healthy! please comment.?
Okay, so I'm not happy with myself at all, and it's because of my weight. So my fiancee and I have decided to try to get fit and be healthy. So my question for you guys is what sport would be the best to do? cardio wise. I know running and swimming is good for you, but I want a sport me and my fiancee can play and have fun while doing it as well. Any suggestions are welcome, or tips about loosing weight! thanks everyone. :)
- 7 years agoFavorite Answer
You're right, you should definitely get involved in a sport you both enjoy and can play together. How about tennis or soccer? Maybe go for a run together a few times a week?
Always eat breakfast and make it the biggest meal of the day. Lunch should be medium sized and dinner should be smallest (although most people do this the opposite way). By having a hearty breakfast you boost your metabolism which will burn calories, and it will also keep you satisfied for longer and you won't find yourself snacking later in the day.
- think of healthy eating as a lifestyle Change. Don't make too many dramatic changes; only ones you can keep and can happily live with so you keep the weight off and live a healthier lifestyle.
- go grocery shopping on a full stomach so you don't buy things you were craving at the time.
- fill your fridge/pantry with healthy, low GI snacks and food. Keep alcohol for weekends as a treat.
- lowering carb intake will help dramatically. Don't be too dramatic though. Remember you want to stick with it. Maybe instead of having a sandwich (bread) for lunch you could have soup or salad, or something along those lines.
I think it's great what you're doing and wish you the best of luck. Enjoy your journey and don't be too hard on yourself. You're Beautiul with or without the extra few pounds and your fiancé obviously thinks so too.
Also, I have an excellent tip of you're willing to do this. I went vegetarian this year and have lost lots of weight without even intending to. Everyone comments on it. I would definetly suggest going vegetarian I you're willing to. It's so good for your health to; you're chances of getting diabetes is almost 0, cancers are less common and you can expect to live 7 extra years. Plus there are Almost no Heart related problems in vegetarians (Clogged Arteries etc), which is the number one killer in people. Of course it's up to you and it is a big change, but I can honestly say it's so worth it.
Anyway, hope I helped, good luck to you and you fiancé and I wish you all the best.
- richLv 67 years ago
there are apps in windows 8 in the store for diet and fitness. walking swiming are fun and can be done together you should talk it over about softball kickball or tag something you both like and can do at different seasons 8h the apps are in the store are free hope this helps you make sure u both likit or you will not keep at it
- Anonymous7 years ago
Try lacrosse, hockey, basket ball, tennis is a really good couple sport and same with badminton