Oops asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

What is this hard dark bump growing outside my vagina?

Please don't answer this if you're going to say something rude, and please take this seriously.Also, please read thoroughly.

I never had sex, and I wash myself everyday. For almost 2 years(?) I had this oblong or kind of an irregular shaped round thing that's been growing outside my vagina, I think near the labia?

It's NOT attached to my skin. It's not painful or itch either. It's just... There. It starts off small then it falls off when it gets too big, which as happened twice to me before. As of today, it's sort of hanging by a thread-like thing? I can kind of uproot it and it feels like I can pull it off but it hurts if I do that. It does kinda itch at the roots sometimes.

Idk if this is relevant but about a month prior to all this, I had this very small bump down there that itched like crazy and it just went away on its own. Later was when I began to have these growths.

I'm planning on telling my mom soon (I'm a teen) And I know I should go to the doctor ASAP.

You are clearly in some distress about your current health issue and it is very wise of you to be seeking help. The only sound advice that anyone can give you is to go see the doctor as soon as possible. Ask your mother to get you an appointment with your family doctor and see what advice they have. If you ever need to talk to a crisis counselor give a crisis hot line a call, most are available 24/7.

JS, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

Could be ingrown hair or skin tag. Just go see a doctor they'd know better than anyone over the computer of all things. If to embarrassed to see a doctor, welp it is time to grow up and deal with it.

Source(s): A mother