Ed asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 years ago

haven't gotten a refund from Amazon yet. worried?

I brought something fro amazon at dec 25 of this year at around 12:40 in the morning. At that same day around noon, i cancelled the purchased, long story short they sent me an email saying that they successfully cancelled my purchase and if i already paid for it, I'll get a full refund in 1-2 business days. It's the 28 now and i keep on checking my balance to see if i got my money back but i still haven't. How long does it usually take to get the money back? And i don't think my package was sent out at all neither. They were still preparing to ship it. :/

• Dan H
    Favorite Answer

The 25th was a holiday and a Wednesday. That leave 2 business days plus the weekend. No refunds are done on the weekend. So, you will likely get your refund on Monday or Tuesday.

Remember, it's not just Amazon at work here, it's also your bank/credit card company. Amazon transmits the refund and your bank can take it's sweet time giving you your money back. Amazon has no control over that.

• Mutt

Dec 25 was not a business day, nor was Saturday or Sunday. So the 2 business days would have been Thursday and Friday. They may have got the refund done in 2 business days, but now it's your bank that has to process it. That could take an addition business day or 2. Amazon does not control your bank, so that part is completely independent from Amazon.

• Yeti

The 26 and 27 are the only business days since. They also had the holidays to deal with. And very often they'll initiate the refund, but your bank can take 2-3 days (or more) to show in whatever you check online. If they say it was successfully canceled, you'll get your money back, though it's likely they didn't even initiate the charge if you did it that fast. Otherwise give it through the end of the week, not only for their processing time, but for your bank's own records to catch up.

It is 1-2 business days after they get conformation that the amount was paid.

you can't get the purchase and then try and cancel it this is called defrauding Amazon

You don't need to look for the refund which will not come.

Probably Monday the 30th

This is their busy season, give them some time will ya?

They will handle it. It's not like you lent money to some lying liberal.