Sierra asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 7 years ago

Spray Tans ? LA TAN ?

LA TAN has a $10 spray tan special on Mondays and I was wondering if I exfoliated to the best of my ability the tan would last until Sunday. I really only need the tan Friday-Sunday but I don't want to pay more than I have too. Would the tan last that long ? & how much do they charge on a regular day for spray tans? Do you think they will spray me topless in a thong ?

Favorite Answer

Call the salon.

Spray-tan fans beware! Christina Aguilera discovered an unfortunate side effect to her faux-glow when her tan reportedly ran down her leg during her tribute at Etta James's memorial service, People magazine Red Carpet Style issue page 10.

Example 1 from YA: "Spray tan won't come off after 3 weeks! Help!?

I got a spray tan about 3 weeks ago for a formal and it won't come off!

I get a body shower every day and the spray tan around my arms and neck have come off but my chest and legs and stomach are so patchy! Even if I scrub at it with an exfoliation cloth, it will not come off. It's so ugly".

Example 2: "Bad spray tan..can I try to cover it up by going to a high pressure tanning bed?

I used loreal spray tan on myself last night and now my arms are uneven..pale in some spots and dark in others".

Example 3: I just got a spray tan at L. A. Tan (1st time) and when I got home I noticed that my chest area had dark colored dots from the spray tan and it looks really bad with low cut shirts. It's half white and half brown! Is there anything I can do to help blend the color in like lotions or even remove the tan? I don't want to go to school looking like a lady bug!

If you get laser-hair removal DO tell your doctor or technician if you're tan, otherwise he might use the wrong laser setting, potentially burning the skin. Avoid self-tanners for 30 days pretreatment.

Example 4: "About a week ago i got a sun burn on my chest and shoulders from playing sports outside. The burn wasnt too bad but yesterday i went and got a spray tan to even out all the lines for summer. I woke up this morning and my chest and shoulders were peeling from the previous burn. there are now about 3 different skin tones/shades on these areas."

Young & the Restless - the episode during Summer's Graduation Day, her mom Phyllis Newman - had a self tanner. Her fingers were pale, the rest of her body had spray tan. Even on soap TV, they have bloopers on fake tan products!

Example from YA: "Spray tan won't come off after 3 weeks! Help!?

I got a spray tan about 3 weeks ago for a formal and it won't come off! I get a body shower every day and the spray tan around my arms and neck have come off but my chest and legs and stomach are so patchy! Even if I scrub at it with an exfoliation cloth, it will not come off. It's so ugly."

Another example from YA: "Bad spray tan..can I try to cover it up by going to a high pressure tanning bed? used loreal spray tan on myself last night and now my arms are uneven..pale in some spots and dark in others"

Whether they're from airbrushing, mist on booths, or aerosol cans, a new problem is starting to reveal itself and that is the atomized inhalation of the solutions. Check the ingredients . . . so why would you want that stay on your skin, even for a minute?

According to the FDA’s good manufacturing processes and to the extent that these ingredients can be avoided, DHA may contain up to 3 parts per million of arsenic, 20 parts per million of lead, and 20 parts per million of iron.

Did you know that DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is allowed to contain arsenic, a poison, and lead a known carcinogen? Also the FDA does not police the manufacture of DHA and assay its contents. In other words batches of DHA that are produced by a host of refineries are exempt from certification.

. . . . .

Sources:

FDA & Vogue 2011