Is this weird (bisexuality)?

I always considered myself straight but then I fell in love with my best friend (we're both girls). Even though I moved past it ever since then I've been attracted to girls as well as guys. Is it weird to go 15 years not giving much thought to girls and now you can easily see yourself in a relationship with one? I admit I always thought girls were pretty, but not in a "I'm attracted to you way." Is this just a phase or have I just been suppressing bisexual feelings or something?

• WikiJo

Bisexuality ruins the myth that who and what we "are" is some fixed, definite, static thing that can be measured, defined, and known.

It shows that what we thought we knew about something very basic and fundamental as sexuality is incomplete.

Millions of people live "normal lives" with the recognition of their own and others open-ended sexual inclinations and experiences, regardless of what they call themselves.

Whether this is a temporary phenomena which will "pass" ( and not recur) or whether a window has opened up to see something about yourself, no one else can answer.

Perhaps the more important thing is the quality of relationship, whichever body styles happen to interact. Respect, kindness and consideration, and listening with an open heart know neither gay, straight nor bi - they remain universal qualities that improve all relationships, regardless.

Source(s): Bisexual man. Lived with both male & female partners. Both appreciate kindness and listening skills.

Society encourages us to avoid what we might be feeling so we can be the same as all others. Sexuality changes bit by bit over time for many people. If you are happy, and are not hurting anyone else, then go with your feelings now. What was in the past, is in the past.... seize today and love it!!!!!

• ;)

It could be either, some people do go though phases and stuff like that but some just realize they are bi when teens. I don't see why so many people are caught up on identifying as bi or gay or straight ect (tons more out there fyi) just you like who you like and it shouldn't matter.

Yup