Is there really someone out there for everybody?

I'm 24 and have never had a girlfriend. People keep telling me that there's someone out there for everybody, but is this really true? I'm beginning to think I'll be alone for the rest of my life.

Favorite Answer

I truly truly believe that to be true. But you have to really want someone and you have to out that out into the universe. When I was about ur age I would pray to God to direct me to where I needed to be. I would go outside every night and wish and pray. And u know what? God answered my prayers. On a chance encounter I met my husband. 10 years ago. Also when you let go and let God, you have to accept that his life plan may be for you to be alone. Which can be a blessing too. I think that He has someone for you tho. 2014 will be ur year. Just keep your eyes opened for signs so u can meet the right person.

I would say there could have been, for everyone. Not necessarily true for every present person the way they are.

Some are too far gone. When you say everybody, you're also putting in all the bad people, all the mentally insane people. Criminals, drug abusers, alcoholics. People that don't really have a high place in society. Some people are already dead and never got one.

Even those people still manage to find someone.. well, maybe not if you're in a mental institution. But lots of criminals and prisoners have someone.

If you are a male, then it's not so difficult getting a female the older you get. When you're younger, you're poorer, weaker, less intelligent than other people but older guys are stronger, taller, smarter, richer. There's no way you'd lose to most other competition. Just wait til you're older. It's funny when people think they'll be alone forever unless they have a good reason to think so, such as having a certain disease or just being crazy.

• K

It's not always true. But you're only 24, you have plenty of time to find somebody. My brother is 26 and never had a girlfriend, so don't feel too bad lol.

I think so. Especially when your heart is in the right place.You have plenty of time... but this statement is no reason to wait around. Go experience life and find out who you are and what kind of people you like. Surround yourself in this environment. Keep your faith and take a chance (but still be true to yourself). I know its easier said than done. No one said it is easy finding love, but it's defiantly POSSIBLE.

I'm 29 and only found that someone just recently 6months ago. I sure thought i would be alone for all eternity too, boy was i wrong. Patients bruzz. Peace!

I look around & it amazes me some of te couples I c 2gether, & happy,so yes, yes there really s some1 4 eery1, it just takes time

Yes, I do. Everyone also says opposites attract, so maybe you should change your routine for a day, see who you meet. Maybe you should go somewhere on vacation or something.Dont worry about it.

Not necessarily, but don't give up hope.