What editor did they use for this photo?

I saw this public photo on Facebook, and I want to know what app/site/software/whatever provided the overlay. Can anybody identify it?



Edit: I know it's super easy to achieve this in photoshop; that's not the point. This is a very recognizable filter that I've seen others use on Facebook before as well, and I would like to know where they got it from.

Update 2:

If you click on the photo to expand it, you will see that the overlay used also creates this sort of hipstery textured effect. I'm pretty sure this is a premade effect from some editing site or app. If all you have to say is "this can be done on photoshop," please do not bother typing that because it does not answer my question.

6 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I have two tips about the photo app to editing this effect.

    Tip one: there is a similar app to make the effect with One step.

    It names SnapStory http://www.fotor.com/iphone/snapstory.html

    This one can offer the textured effect. Also it can tell the people what you are you doing and where you are.It's easy and quick.

    Tip two: You also need 4 steps to finish this effect on Your App (Not photoshop).

    Step 1: Find some overlay on IHEARTIT, The pic's background should be black and the text or graph is white.

    Step2. Load your original photo on the Pic Art.Go to the "add photo"

    After all the selection has done(after you adjust the border in the process of ADD PHOTO), you need to select "Screen" selection (at the bottom of the column).Then you will see the overlay's background being transparent.There is just the white texture on the your original photos.

    Step3 Go to fotor to add the effect you like.Why i choose this one. Cos i think it has various effect.

    you can rearrangement the steps. Anyway ensure the overlay to be top up on your photo.

    App : http://www.fotor.com/ Pic Art.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    Perfect answer from Deep Blue. Where people get confused is the incessant calling of post production (retouching) work done on photos as "editing". Even many photo manipulation programs such as Photoshop are being called "editing" programs. They are NOT. (Well, some true editing functions can be done with Photoshop, but retouching acne or working in layers is not editing). Might as well give up trying to teach people the correct terms, it is a waste of time, .... just like trying to tell people that every DSLR in existence is NOT a "professional camera". steve

  • 7 years ago

    My best guess is that it is probably an app filter on a phone. I don't really know but I figured this is a better answer than the ones you've got. It appears like it was cropped after the filter was applied.

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    This is a filter?

    Mate, you've never used Photoshop before, did you?

    You can very simply put some text, then outline the text then clear all what's inside the marquee.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    I'd put money on you can make this in photoshop elements. I could probably do it in about a few minutes. This picture is very simple.

  • 7 years ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.