A gun has muzzle speed 150 m/s. Find two angle of elevation hat can be used to hit a target 800m away?

LOL. This sounds like a homework question. In true Hunting fashion, I will convert your question accurately, using units of measurement which should be more difficult for you to determine than your original problem.

A gun has a muzzle speed of 901,758.8 furlongs per fortnight. Find two angles of elevation hat (that?) can be used to hit a target 7,874.1 hands away.

The answer is simple. Use the equation for determining angle and arc that you have been taught.

Enjoy!

This sounds like a homework question written by someone who is totally clueless about how guns work.

At closer ranges, you can sight a gun in so it is accurate (dead on) at two distances, one close up as the bullet is on its upward trajectory and a more distant one where the bullet is on its downward trajectory.

There is no gun that displays an upward trajectory at 800 meters. At that distance the bullet is coming down and only one angle of elevation will allow you to hit the target.

Tell your teacher to stick to subjects he knows about.

Sounds like a homework question using a 'perfect' bullet, and no air friction.

ALSO the velocity given is more like that of a BB gun which won't come close to 100 yards let alone 800.

Other things are involved in the 'real' world, like the bullets shape and ballistic coefficient, rate of spin, weight of bullet, and wind speed and direction.

So my answer would be, "Insufficient information to make the determination."

• august

No, I will not do your physics homework for you.

EDIT: Lime Green Medic, the FFF system is pretty awesome, isn't it? Furlong, firkin, fortnight. I wonder what range my .270 Winchester has in beard-seconds?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_humorous_unit...

Aim at the sky it will hit a satellite and come down and hit the target at bulleyes

FYI do you own homework........

• Andy

150 m/s? How lame is that? I recommend 90 degrees.

Straight down ...

guuh, home work again! fine i'll go without desert.