What should I do if I want to learn about computer microarchitecture?

When I first want to learn about computer microarchitecture, I mistakenly researched computer architecture. After reading the book Computer Organization and Design, I quickly realized computer architecture was not what I was looking for. Now I understand that what I've been wanting to learn all this time was in fact computer microarchitecture but I can't seem to find any good books on the subject. If you guys can reference any good resources on the circuitry and the actual design of processors, that would be great. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Not sure what you want. But I would suggest taking a class etc. in college.

Otherwise it is just bunch of logics, interger computation, floating point computation, with various memory. It has not changed much in almost 30 years except things got smaller.

i860 CPU is biggest jump in technology but not too many people know.

Google cpu architecture

Also binary logic

I would say you look into Digital Logic Circuits, I cant tell you which books to get because I deal with the software side of things and not hardware. Just read reviews on the books and you should be good.