I'm 16 and I can't kick my thumb sucking habit?

It's so hard to stop after I've done it since I was about 11. Idk why I can't stop and I only do it at night. Some times I get the urge during quiet times in school but I don't do it due to humiliation. I've done it for a long time and my teeth so far haven't been effected and I'm 16. I don't know where to get this nail polish that ppl talk about and I don't get money so I don't really know how ill get it. I don't do it every night but I do notice myself to do it 1-4 times a week.

Ps... I'm 16 & I don't do drugs of any sorts

I had the same issue! My teeth were already crooked so I was going to get braces anyway. This hunk of metal on my face broke this habit for me. I pretty much lied to the dentist and said that I didn't suck my thumb anymore so the braces went on. It hurts too much to do it so my habit broke that way. Even if your teeth are straight you may want to ask the dentist for some braces. It worked for me- it might work for you.

Source(s): Personal Experience

I had a bad habit like that until I was 17 I would still suck on a pacifier. but it didn't damage my teeth at all. but if you really want to stop maybe try chewing on gum on sucking on candy when you have the urge

Source(s): personal experience