Should I ask a high school teacher for help with a college issue?

I am being suspended from my college because of poor grades, which were caused by mental health issues that I have since sorted out. I want to appeal the decision of suspension. As a part of this, I want to collect letters of support from professors who have had me in class and can attest to my above average abilities in normal circumstances.

I have stayed in touch with some teachers from high school and wanted to know if it might be beneficial to include letters from them as well. My senior year I took an AP English course, led by a teacher with a doctorate degree, whose opinion I think might carry some weight. She wrote one of my letters of recommendation to be admitted to this school as well.

I am in my senior year of college though, so I don't know if that's reaching too far back.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes,you can asked a high school teacher to help with college issue

  • JQuick
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    Stick to faculty at your current university. The recommendations won't matter much in any case, unless the professor is for one of the classes you failed. Letters from professors in classes where you got good grades don't really help - since that's like the testimony of a doctor you saw when you were healthy. They didn't see your bad side. You should focus on how you specifically have addressed your mental health issues, documentation from your therapists/physicians, and explaining what exact steps you've taken to ensure that you won't repeat your past problems.

  • 7 years ago

    Any letters will be helpful. You can never have too many 'good'

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.