Will I ever get a boyfriend?

I'm just tired of all my friends having boyfriends and talking about them to me and I've never had one. I know it shouldn't bother me but I mean seriously I'm in high school and have never even been asked out. :/ I just don't understand. I'm also pretty insecure because everyone always talks about how pretty my sister is and they call her gorgeous and stuff and I've never been told once that I was gorgeous and yet it's a pretty frequent compliment for her... Actually I've had a few guys even call me ugly before so that doesn't really help but what do I do? Also how can I stop feeling so insecure? Oh and my mom won't let me wear makeup so that rules that out..

You are in high school and your mom will not let you wear makeup? That's ridiculous!

Anyway, I'm sorry you have to deal with living in the shadow of your sister. It really sucks, trust me. But as much as you would think it very nice to be complimented all the time on your looks, those compliments aren't what will sustain you in the long-term. If you were to spend your whole life caring about looks, what would happen to your self esteem as you age? The things that people value in high school are different than the things people value later on. But just know that as long as you work on being a good person (kind,

empathetic, responsible/reliable etc.) then you'll be way ahead of your time! And then, you'll get the REALLY great boyfriend/husband who is looking for a mature woman who has all of those aforementioned qualities. And *who* will be the one winning?? YOU. :)

You do you, girl!!

I know what you mean. It's hard watching all your friends go out and venture off with their boyfriends while you sit and wait for their phone calls and text messages to hear all about how it went later on. It sucks. I was in the same boat. But now im graduated, almost 19 and a few weeks ago i thought i would end up a cat lady. But i am so glad i never dated before because i finally found a good guy. They are hard to find. Especially in highschool because like they said^ all guys in highschool really want is to use you. Trust me dont go down that path. Stand youre ground dont give in. Wait for the right guy because trust me its worth it. And as for your sister, i also grew up with 3 sisters who were always called gorgeous. And you know what thats okay, because even though they were blessed with super model looks, i was blessed with a beautiful soul. Hope this helps you. Be confident, keep your ground and keep looking for the right guy for you.

Um am I in a time machine or talking to myself in high school? You are me. You know what? I felt the same same same way you did. I am in my 30s now and sorry to quote Garth Brooks but "sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers". People used to tell me I was ugly. Call me a lesbian (even tho i am totally straight). Call me tomboy. Alll my friends were pretty. Family pretty. Best thing ever ever ever is revenge!!! I grew up, went out on my own, saw the world, developed my own style. Swear to God by the time I was 23 I had men dropping at my feet. I was proposed to 3 times. Had guys fight over me (literally). Had a guy sing to me, play the piano in front of 100 ppl at a bar and say i was the most beautiful girl in the world. HS is super shady dude. Dont waste ur time w some creepy kid and hv tht "legacy" haunt u for life in yearbooks and memories and hs reunions. Then u can hv the last laugh when u can brg ur husband to a hs reunion w no ex bfs there!! Wait for your time to blossom and I guarantee u will be the most beautiful flower of all.

Hey sweety, I know exactly how you feel. It gets better, but only you can make it easier. I was bullied all the time, called ugly, fat, and I still feel that way sometimes. I was never asked out. In fact I couldn't even dat till I was 16! Even if I had the chance. I now have a great boyfriend. We are going on 3 years. The time will come for you. Just wait. I know its totally not fair, and it sucks seeing your friends with boyfriends or girlfriends. Chances are they won't last long. In the mean time work on yourself. Find your inner beauty and bring it outwards. You described me. It is hard to read this knowing that someone else feels bad like I did. And when you do get a boyfriend, try your hardest to believe him when he calls you beautiful. It will be hard, but beauty is divine and you will have days when you believe it and when you call him a liar. Just remember only you can decide how you want to be. Goodluck honey, if you want message me. :)

Source(s): Life

Hey,

I never got asked out in high school either. And guess what? We have a lot more in common. Guys called me ugly. I went to sleepaway camp, and my best friend there (we're still besties at 19!) confided in me and told me that the other guys in his cabin were talking about how unattractive I am. He didn't agree with them, and I knew even at the age of 14 that I shouldn't care what those jerks thought, but it still hurt, and it still carries with me a little bit. Guys never saw who I really was. Luckily, my looks blossomed over time. I'm not gorgeous, or hot, but I'm me. I'm a sophomore in college, and fall of last year, an older guy in a frat asked me out. We're still together and our love is wonderful. Not perfect, not seamless, but wonderful. I've never felt so beautiful in my life!!! So please, realize that your time WILL come!!! It's soo hard to think about the future right now because you're trapped in high school where you have to see your classmates every day, but believe me when I say the real you will be appreciated by others once you get a little older. you WILL get a boyfriend soon!!!! And honestly, I think girls like us, who didn't have much boy experience in high school, are the best kind of girls in the long run. We learn to be more mature, and we learn to appreciate people for their real worth, unlike the horny airheads that jump from BF/GF to BF/GF. you know what i'm saying? A wonderful and blissful future lies ahead of you. :))))

Im in high school and felt the same way, then i realized there are some 40 yr olds like this that you will NOT be. Relaaaax everything will work out for you, im in the same boat. Good luck :)

dont worry about make up honestly it dosnt matter, I'm a 15 yr old boy, just be nice to pepole and dont be in a rush dating isnt a huge deal :) dont do anything except ignore those guys and find a guy who u can just flirt with a little and learn how to commuicate w boys bc thats most important in a solid relationships just be nice an talk to everyone who is nice to u andthe pepole who are man can go to hell bc there jerks and what they think dosent matter bc u want b datting them anyway

your in high school relax I'm 16 btw the best things you can do is stay way from guys i mean I'm a guy and like right now most guys like to have sex and use girls .