the social security judge stated im mentally 15 years old what does this mean?

im almost 20 yrs old with Aspergers syndrome (high functioning autism). he declared i cant leave home until i am deemed by my psychologist that i am mentally fit to live on my own. i make bad choices like a kid. does this mean im incompetent. i just want to know so i can try to make living with my dad and step-mom easier i hate to see them struggle and get flustered because of me.

• K
    Favorite Answer

It means you still act like a 15 year old and still do things a 15 year old would. My cousin has Asperger's Syndrome and when we were much younger (before I knew what that was), I thought she was my age even though she's 3 years older, because of how much younger she acted than her age. You can't help that you were born that way, so try not to feel like a burden. You can possibly get into counseling or therapy for these things and maybe it will help you out.

Aspergers does that. It stuns your mental growth, but you've got another seven years to catch up. All adults become mentally mature at around 27. They might leave home, live by themselves and carry on (sic) like adults, but they still make childlike mistakes

Peace.

you need to hire an attorney