How to deal with a man who acts like a twelve year old?

So, we've been together for almost six years and it's been nine months since we moved in together. During those nine months I've noticed he like to sleep in a lot. He'll sleep in until 2:30pm if he gets a chance and even when we made a plan for that day. I've also noticed that I've been doing a lot of the house chores and he does very little. There would be times that I, admittedly, nagged at him to do something and it still wouldn't be done or there would be times he would insist he would do something and yet it would sit there for weeks. Finally tonight I mentioned it to him and his answers were very aggravating.

I've brought up the subject that if I don't do anything when he said that he's got it, nothing would be done, he replies "it's your decision to do it."

Then I asked, "if you don't do it when you said you'll do it, then when will it be done?" his reply, "later."

Then he goes on to mutter under his breath and when I asked him what he said, he chimes, "Nothing."

Favorite Answer

If I'm not mistaken you said you were married six years but only just recently moving in together . Sounds like there was a reason for that . As he didn't want you to get to know the real him. It's a good thing your seeing him now . however being married for six years and not live together is already interesting . Like marrying a stranger I'm sure. Trust me I found out more about my husband living with him. It was like meeting a new man , it has been years being married to my husband and I'm still finding out different things. So you are going through a learning experience . Either keep riding or get off the bus.

• Liz

He's acting like a petulant brat, but the only reason he can do that is because you're enabling his behaviour. You're like one of those dumb@ss mothers who let their kids get away with anything they want and then wonder why they're out of control, disrespectful brats. He even told you: "It's your decision to do it"! How much clearer can he be? He knows he doesn't have to do anything because you'll pick up his slack. YOU have taught him that acting the way he does is acceptable. Personally, I don't know why you are wasting your time in this joke of a relationship.

If you are satisfied with how things are going, then stay. But, if you dont like what you see now and this issue is minor compared to other relationship issues, then you are in for a tough road ahead of you. From experience in being married and in a relationship for almost a decade, his behavior wont change and you cannot change him. The quick answer is you either deal with it or you dont, there are no in betweens here.

how old is h leave all things untidy and dont cook everytime he sleeps when you were supposed to be out. If he is not happy go find a person who appreciates you

If you have had problems with this guy's alleged feet dragging when it came to the house work, what prompted you to stay with him all these years?

he acts like a child because mentally that's what he is. He doesn't respect you, he has his head up his a ss, and you should dump him

leave him