Question about Birth Certificate and Passport?

My wife is renewing her passport and the application is requesting to know 2 dates on her birth certificate.

1) Date of Registration of Birth

2) Date of Issue of Certificate

The problem is that my wife renewed her birth certificate when we got married to change her last name.

On the new birth certificate there is only 1 date given, declaring when her name was officially changed.

On the old birth certificate there is 2 dates given (besides her date of birth). The first date comes right after it says "REGISTRATION OFFICER- NAME & DATE" and the second date comes right after it says "REGISTRY OF BIRTHS DEATHS AND MARRIAGES". The strange thing is that these dates are about 1 year and 4 months apart!

Which dates do I use? Why are the dates so far apart, surely it doesn't take over a year to process a birth certificate.

Please help, I'm very confused.

Many thanks!

PS... Her birth certificate is Australian.

The Date of Registration is normally within a few weeks of the birth.

Date of Issue of Certificate is when that certificate was issued, my birth certificate was issued almost 16 years after I was born (so I could get my learners permit)

Hope that helps somewhat

the 1 year and 4 months after is 'date of issue'

the 'Registration officer- name and date' is the date the birth was registered.

• pk

I'm guessing she wasn't born in the US, or she was born in a border state where fraudulent BCs are a problem.... like Texas.

The US won't re-issue a BC with a married name on it because marriage alone doesn't change your name.

I would submit a copy of both BCs and your marriage certificate.

I have two BCs. My original one from by birth, which is kept safe, and then I had a 2nd one issued when I turned 18 for job applications.

Birth Records Search Database : http://birthrecords.neatprim.com/