Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

Am i cheating on my boyfriend?

So I've my boyfriend and i been together for almost 3 months. I really love him and he loves to. But i sometimes have phone sex with this other guy. Am i cheating on my boyfriend? Please help.

Thank You.

Favorite Answer

Yes, you are. Phone sex counts as cheating as well. Just because you can't see then person doesn't mean you're not cheating. If you loved your boyfriend, you wouldn't be having phone sex with another guy.

• Chuck

yup, it's cheating emotionally. It happened to me. Because the sexual energy you would normally give your boyfriend is being spent on another, you are cheating him and yourself and will eventually ruin your relationship with the guy. Phone sex is great when you are single because its safe and you can explore your sexuality, but when you are in a relationship the only phone sex you should have is with the person you love.

As someone who is an a relationship, I would think so, yes. Although each couple has different boundaries. Generally, if you are doing something with someone of the opposite sex (or the same, depending on your prefs) that you would not be comfortable with your partner knowing about, you are being deceitful with them, whether you class it as "cheating" or not. And for most people, deceit / honesty is pretty important. I would end my relationship if I found out my girlfriend was doing that.

I don't think you can talk about being in love after only 3 months. You are just playing games on your laptop. But how would you feel if your boyfriend did the same? He maybe doing same you never know.

Amelia, I see it as compensating what you don't get from your boyfriend. So, if there's a problem, it's needing phone sex to get you off. If you can't realize that with a relationship with your in flesh guy, something is lacking in your relationship. Why not pursue sexual compatibility with your real guy. If he's not into sex, consider replacing him in real flesh.

Yes. You should stop it. If you really loved him you wouldn't be doing this and you wouldn't have to wonder if you were cheating on him.

• Poppet

Yes.

Yep.