Am I still saved in God's eyes?

I was saved on Easter of 2010. I knew I was because I suddenly felt this overwhelming power to talk to God and Jesus and let them enter my life and I was praying and crying and felt a good feeling inside of me. Well, this year I began to "slip" away from God. I still believe in the both of them, but I haven't prayed in a long time and I get "angry" at God sometimes when things are going wrong for me and I bad mouth him and I have said GD a few times but not a lot and my boyfriend of almost three years use to be a Christian but have decided, about last year, that he doesn't believe in God or Jesus anymore even though he grew up in a Christian family. Am I still saved in God's eyes even though I strayed away? How do I get back on the path?

You need to stop bashing my religion. You are smarter than that.

Favorite Answer

You're worrying over nothing. God will not save you, because you don't need to be saved. God doesn't require us to be constantly nice about him either. He's a lenient fellow and I feel fairly certain that he can withstand your anger!!

You're on the right path ~ sometimes we stray in order to know what the right path is for us. God understands this, so don't worry!

Read the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15: 11-32)

God does not expect us to be perfect. Romans 3:23 reminds us "for all have sinned and all fall short of the glory of God. Congratulations just like everyone you mess up- you are not God. Though God in is never ending mercy will always take us back. Luke 15: 7 tells us "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Right now I would say that your relationship is damaged but it is by no means broken. God is waiting for you to return with open arms.

If you want to get back into a relationship with God you need to repent. Repentance is not just saying sorry it is doing a full 180 and turning the opposite way and turning towards God's truth. Then like any relationship you need to spend time with God. Pray, read the bible, and just spend time getting to know God and His Character.

Dear Sissy,

By the grace of God and your faith in JESUS CHRIST you were saved on Easter day. Although you slipped God has not forsaken you. The sense of understanding you have that you began to slip itself "the grace of God" towards you. Do not listen to the deception of the world but listen to THE WORD OF GOD. 1John 1:7 says If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, but if we confess our sins, He - JESUS is faithful and just to forgive our sins and all unrighteousness" So trust this verse and come to the Lord , He will wash you again and use you as a powerful instrument and will make you a means of blessing to many in the coming year.

God bless you.

A fallen believer who is restored again by His love.

I agree 100% with John. And get to church girl. Hopefully your boyfriend follows. You should be together on this and have a relationship with Christ as the head. Become active in church, make friends from your congregation so that you have more examples to remind you of your goals.

• You need to be in fellowship with other Christians, get in church. If you want to be a baker you don't learn on your own you go to class to learn. Church is the class you need to go to so you can learn.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/going_to_church

• Emily

Stop.

Religion is a delusion people get attached to when times get tough. You are smarter than this. You do not need to be "saved". Being "saved" is a manmade concept used to get people into churches.

I'm afraid you've been sold a bill of goods.