What kind of SD Cards does the Wii support? For like Homebrew?

My wii is already modded I have homebrew I have a PNY optima SD card 2GB but they don't sell that brand over here I have sandisk and other kinds but they say they are all for photos :? My SD Card is not copy write protected the lock piece broke off so I cant use it no more

Favorite Answer

You can use practically any SD/HC card (assuming your Wii is running Wii Menu 4.0 or higher) up to 32 GB's for all your Wii homebrew + channel storage needs.

Please be aware that if you're running Wii Menu 3.5 or lower OR a game release PRIOR to Wii Menu 4.0 (circa April, 2009), you'll only be able to utilize SD cards up to 2 GB's... So if you're planning doing homebrew stuff related to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (like Project M), you'll have to one.

The Wii DOES NOT SUPPORT SDXC cards (64 GB's or larger), mostly because those cards are utilize exFAT (aka FAT64) format (Wii only supports FAT16 & FAT32).