My friend with seizures needs help!?

My friend suffers from Grand Maul seizures, and from what he tells me possibly other forms of seizures. It happened just this year, and from what he can tell, twice within a couple of months. He's had tests with no results including the EEG. He had the second seizure when he decided to lower his meds on his own, which he knows wasn't smart but I can't help but not blame him due to the side effects sometimes.

He has no insurance, works two jobs that pay barely anything, and had to get help from the hospital declaring a charity case. He was approved and thankfully, his bills were paid.

After the second seizure he won't go to the doctor. He simply can't afford it. I have seizures and I want to help him. I thought someone might know where he might be able to get some sort of support to see a specialist. We're in Chicago, and when I finally went to Rush University Medical Center the amazing neurologists there LITERALLY saved my life. I want the same for him. He needs help and I think Rush is the best place for neurology from what I've been told and witnessed.

Any advice would be helpful. I fear for his safety. His seizures are so severe that he could have died while having the grand maul. Are there any medical bill support groups for this type of thing? Anything would help at this point in time.

• hava
    Favorite Answer

The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will help you relax and also help with the epilepsy/seizure.Over long term the epilepsy episodes will disappear, but you might get a token one second episode.

Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –

Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril

then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril

then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril

then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.

This is one cycle of anulom vilom.

Age over 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes two to four times a day.

Age under 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.

You can do this anytime.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and hold your head steady. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Age over 15 years -do this for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.

Age under 15 years -do this for 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through the nose while humming like a bee.

Duration : 5 to 21 times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.

Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit

and feel good because you are helping your body.Those who say I have tried everything....will be amazed at the result of doing pranayam.

--