Isaac asked in HealthMen's Health · 7 years ago

will is stay this height forever?!?

ok guys, serious question here, I'm 16 and only 5'5 , I'm very short compared to other people in my school and it feels like I'm going to stay this height forever, I feel like I'm already done with puberty and done growing because I've been about the same height since 7th grade when my only growth spurt occured, and Im scared because now I'm in 10th grade and I still haven't had one yet!? am I done growing,because it really feels like it?!?

You could stop drinking coffee and milk. Caffeine stunts your growth and milk takes more calcium to digest than it offers. Also, try eating more protein. You might also just be what they call a late bloomer. Either way, making those changes to your diet would help you grow more.

@Asjsjs Humans aren't even meant to drink milk after infancy. Milk is difficult for the body to digest, and generally takes much more from you than it gives you. That's why there's lactose intolerance, because some people's bodies won't even put up with digesting the milk. Do a little bit of research on the digestive properties of milk and you'd see.

Source(s): I've studied in a nursing school.

I know what you mean. It does suck to be short. But you won't stay like that, you'll grow. You're not even close to finishing puberty, you have around 5 more years to go. Just be patient (I know it's hard... but be glad you aren't super short).

Also, ignore Katrina. Caffeine is a stimulant that is designed to improve your endurance. Milk has protein and is good for you. It's as simple as that. Sure, it could help to stop having so much caffeine, but it isn't detrimental. Keep drinking milk.

Exercise, water, and eating right. When I was 17, I did and grew an inch.

Maybe - - - maybe not.

Your GENETICS will be the determining factor.

Have patience - & wait to see what all develops.

I agree with barracuda's answer

• blaze

No, you'll probably hit 5'7