Is it wrong that I don't hate Hitler?

I honestly don't. I have no right to hate him seeing as how I didn't know him personally. I hate the deed he did, but not him. My aunt said it was disturbing that I didn't hate the man for what he did....she was scolding me because I didn't hate another human being, that's what's really disturbing. Why should I hate someone for loosing their way or because society tells me too. I'm a Christian and I've forgiven him. Why can't everyone else? Is it really wrong for me not to have that hate? Thanks

Favorite Answer

I applaude you. Not for Not hating Hitler, but for realizing that isn't what should be hated.

HATE should be hated. Only by removing that from ourselves can we heal so many hurts on this planet.

That said, we don't have to like murderers.

Before you hate someone you must know the reasoning? Many people hate him because they (only) know that he Killed a lot of Jews. But they dont know the background. They dont know that Hitler didnt have a father, that he lost his mother due to breast cancer, that he lost his sibling. They dont know that he lived in poverty for a few years without a home or anything to eat. The reason he hated them so much is because he was prideful of Germany, and while Germany at the time was at a all time low, the Germans within the country were trying to get their spot back fighting and working hard, while Jews and others who were different were just stagnant not even trying to help, and Hitler saw this and was pissed. Now, is it bad to have pride for your country and your beliefs? He wanted to take them out because he knew that they wouldnt help, only slow them down. I dont hate Hitler, though I am against what he did. He couldnt control his anger and power. The reasoning behind what he did seems solid, but the way he did it was pure evil. Dont Hate Hitler without knowing the whole story, check out this quote, we are all just as bad as him. "how can you hate Hitler so bad an' then turn around and be ugly about folks right at home[?]"

• Because people hold grudges and you have not shared the timeline with him.

You would have said something else if you were 80 and your family splitted and lives of million got ruined. I either did. And I'm not actually affected by any action he had made.

But a man with thinking system and response like Hitler, would never make any goods.

And I don't think it's just a stereotypical idea or religion or anything. Just the fact that he had done bad things and people may or may not forgive him.

Think and valuate if he worths forgiveness. It's just a common sense.

Ya, I'd say it's wrong. People don't hate him because he "lost his way". They hate him because of all the terrible, hateful, crimes he did - murdering all those people for his crazy religious reasons.

If that doesn't offend you personally, then ya, since you ask, I'd have to say that's not normal. Notice too, that by having that attitude, YOU offend others around you. Perhaps that's a coincidence.

I cannot bring myself to hate him either though I detest Stalin. When I see the Wehrmacht fighting the Russians my sympathies always are with the Wehrmacht. I know I am wrong I just can't help myself.

It's not wrong the Bible says you suppose to love love everyone and it also say he without sin throw the first Stone we have no right to hate him because In God's eye a sin is a sin so him killing and us lying is all the same. It's not up to us to judge that's the big man's job. And I won't worry about your aunt she couldn't get mad at you for stating your opinion if she wasn't open for opinions then she shouldn't have states hers!

you didn't even know hitler. you were not born anytime near of the time of his wrong doings. why would you hate someone you never knew? I mean you shouldn't like him, but why would you have such a strong opinion about him?

Have you been reading Tila Tequila's blog too much?

He did it for the power, basically he was the most selfish and sadistic person that's ever lived.

hitler was a persuasive leader. sick and deranged, but one could learn a lot from how he rose to power. don't worry, plenty of people hate him for you, you ole' softy you.

It's only bad not to hate him if you're Jewish.