Should reciting the Pledge of Allegiance be a daily requirement in public schools?

And do you think "One Nation Under God" should also remain in the Pledge Of Allegiance?

I think it should.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No and No

What exactly is the point of a rather ineffective attempt to impose governmental brainwashing?

You just wasted five minutes which could have been spent on math or gerunds, chanting a pledge to an idol. Your version of cheering for Chairman Mao every day.

As for the god nonsense. Anyone who has recited the pledge should realize that the words "under god" don't belong there, as they both break the natural rhythm of the pledge and are inherently against the US constitution, because they attempt to force a nutty religion on everyone.

• 7 years ago

No and No. I never understood why it seemed so important to people to do that, as if children would forget what their country was all about if they didn't start the day with it. Do their parents make them say it on Saturday and Sunday, too, so they won't forget over the weekend? How about the summer?

And I think the pledge should go back to the way it was originally written. It is meaningless to add "under God" if you don't believe. It won't make anyone who doesn't believe start believing and people who do believe won't stop believing if they don't say it.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No and no.

The United States was founded on ideals of freedom, and freedom includes not being forced, or cajoled by peer pressure, into publicly declaring any belief.

Forcing minor children to pledge allegiance to our country is not only anti-freedom, it ignores the fact that they have no remote clue as to what they are pledging to do. I want educated Americans who love this country and who know exactly what they believe and why they believe it. I don't want automatons who are forced, beginning as toddlers, to be sheeple.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes and yes. It is good to remember we are one nation under God, America. Everyone should speak English at school, in government and the workplace also.

• 7 years ago

Yes and yes simply because it encourages patriotism. The country who learns together, stays together.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No. I say plead this in your own heart. No one should be made to say what they don't feel. I say it when I feel like it.

• 7 years ago

I believe it should

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.