?
? asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 7 years ago

First time doing shrooms?

I don't know what to expect. There is this beautiful park in my city I want to go to. Here are some photos.

http://www.gonomad.com/pre-cache/cache/thumbs//136...

http://richmondtrackcamp.webs.com/photos/undefined...

http://cdnfiles.hdrcreme.com/37908/medium/maymont-...

I want to go there soooo bad and take the shrooms, but I don't know what I'll be like! I'm getting mixed reviews from articles online. Some make it seem like you're still in complete control, and then some say the complete opposite. I'm confused. I have an eighth and some people say take the whole eight and then some say only take half. Idk??? I've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies lately and THAT'S IT, so I think it would hit me harder and faster than a meat-eater and processed food eater, wouldn't it? Do you think I should go with half an eighth? Do you think I should go out in public? WHAAAAT?

All my friends are straight edge-ish, so I can't really be like "Hey. Can you come with me to the park and monitor me while I potentially have a deep, introspective experience? Thanks." A little selfish, no?

Favorite Answer

Lol, that last comment about your friends made me laugh a little. You really should find a babysitter if you plan on going out just incase you need to interact with someone for something.

Taking 3.5g for a first trip is a heavy dose, with that amount there's a good chance you won't have much control to be honest. You'll likely be so overwhelmed by all that is going on in your brain you won't really be able to wonder around outside. You'll more than likely sit in the park giggling the entire time, or you'll go the opposite way and get anxious because you're not in the protection and comfort of say your home. This is not to say you wouldn't enjoy a full eighth, you just won't want to go out on that much your first time.

Taking 1.75g for a first trip is my personal recommendation. With that dose you will feel the effects, but you'll remain in control of your thoughts and feelings. You'll be more likely to walk around and explore and if you start having a bad trip you'll still be in control enough to help yourself.

No, I don't think eating fruits and veggies only will have any discernable impact on your trip vs a meat and processed foods eater. It actually takes a small amount of psilocybin to trip, if you really want it to kick in fast grind them into a powder and let it soak in some lemon juice for about 15 minutes before taking. The lemon juice will break down the cell walls allowing it to be absorbed by your stomach faster.

Best of luck, enjoy your trip.

• Lava

You don't know how it'll affect you personally, so do not do it alone. Not just for comfort, but in case what you have are the deadly kind of mushrooms that just happen to look just like the happy kind, you need someone that's sober to get you an ambulance before your stomach explodes.

Wet then 1/8 oz. isn't much, dry that's a hell of a lot. Your diet shouldn't really affect how the mushrooms affect you. Being alone in public the first time you take shrooms is not the best idea.

I'd say take half an eighth. For your first trip I HIGHLY recommend you avoid public places. You'll probably get paranoid and your trip won't be as good or possibly even bad. So if that park area has people there often I wouldn't go for your first time. However that does look like and EPIC place to trip, I would say go on a few trips first then trip at that park, but I would try and find a baby sitter in public. As for self control you will have it at times. You will most likely try and control yourself then get fascinated by something and lose yourself then come back to reality and this will probably continue on and on.

It's a hallucinogen, but you don't actually see things that aren't there, like magical people or anything. Everything just seems _very_ otherworldly. Buildings look ominous and breathing, the sound of traffic might sound like the drone of all the people in hell screaming. You might get paranoid and go off on your friends (and then said friends will never do shrooms with you again, lol). You may risk your life. You want to be in good company.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

First time doing shrooms?

I don't know what to expect. There is this beautiful park in my city I want to go to. Here are some photos....

Source(s): time shrooms: https://shortly.im/avi0I
  • D

Eat the 3.5. 1.75 is a waste, leaving you with yet another ineffective dose.

You just need to be in a place where you are free to be yourself. Experienced psychnonauts have little trouble being in public while peaking. But for a beginner, more of a private experience is advisable.