Does "Intended or sale to adults" mean a minor cannot buy?

My friend and I are having an argument. If an online e-cigarette store says "intended for sale to adults 18 years or older.If you are not legally able to purchase tobacco products in the state where you live, please do not enter this site", could somebody under 18 just lie past the website barrier and use like a visa gift card or something to purchase? He said they would make you sign that you're over when it arrives but I feel like the delivery person wouldn't know what it is, plus you already paid for it. Don't worry, we're not buying anything lol no money anyways. So am I right or not? Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Yes, many such sales are clearly marked ON THE PACKAGE that the recipient must show identification of legal age. Does not matter if already "paid".. the money would just be refunded/ credited back to the card. They don't take "gift cards".

You are incorrect.

That means they won't check ID, but have no intention of bothering to check ID.

It's the equivalent of making you click a box to look at porn, no minor has ever not clicked that box.

What they should ask is if you're stupid enough to take an addictive drug.

It is illegal in most places to sell e-cigarettes to minors. By stating you are of age and signing for the package, you are breaking the law.

• Stuart

It releases them from liability when you're arrested for having nicotine in your possession. All they have to say is 'hey, he told us he was of age'.

- Stuart