How do I become less nervous when I kiss my boyfriend?

I've been dating him for a few weeks and whenever we kiss, its a closed mouth one that lasts less than two seconds. I really do want to kiss him longer than that and especially an open mouth kiss, but I get so nervous. I've never liked people touching me but I let him put his arm around me, hold hands, etc. I don't even let my parents hug me. Kissing is just to the extreme and I'm a little uncomfortable. I feel really bad because I know my boyfriend wants to and I do too, I just can't make myself. I'm a junior in high school and he's a senior. I've never been in a "real" relationship before but he has. I told him all of this, and he says he's okay with it but I know he'll get bored and want at least some making out. So how do I manage to be less nervous and finally let him make out with me? Thanks.

• Lizard
    Favorite Answer

Just practice. You can try telling him to stay still and you kiss him (as you already told him your situation)

• Woofy

What were your parents like? Did they kiss and hug and all that alot? Or did you witness any abuse regarding intimacy? You could have watched your Dad pressure your mom for kissess or something. That sort of thing sticks in your subconscious. Then when it is your time for boyfriends, intimacy issues pop up, and a person gets stuck along the way. This needs thoughtful counsel, and if you don't get into counselling , it doesn't get any better. Not really. I hope I am wrong here.

Practice makes perfect.