Laura
Laura asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 7 years ago

Is PF Changs overrated?

I live in Mexico City, PF Changs opened here this year, they opened 4 restaurants I think, so... after reading a lot of great reviews from american consumers and hearing about "how wonderful it was" from a lot of mexican friends, we decided to dine there, very disappointed, I've had better chinese food in small chinese restaurants, very pricey, small portions. I need to understand, what's all the fuss about??? was it just me or this is just average asian food??

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'm not terribly fond of Chang's. I get my Chinese from a small place.

It is absolutely overrated. I agree with you that a small Chinese restaurant serves much better, more quality and authentic Chinese food and it is much cheaper. The great thing about P.F. Chang's is the atmosphere and ambiance. Yes, some food items are good but not great. They also serve their signature mojitos which are great. I'd love to know what the restaurant looks like in Mexico, must be beautiful.

It is WAY overrated! You are paying for atmosphere. The food is mediocre and you can get twice that amount and much better tasting just by going to a hole in the wall Chinese take-out place or all you can eat buffet. Having said that, I will say that if you wait tables at P.F. Chang's, you can expect to earn awesome tips.

we got one here in toronto. over priced and overrated. better of eating at a mandarin restaurant.

yes very much over rated, went there last night and it sucks

I really think it's SUPER overrated

No not in Arkansas!!!