Since Christmas is just a religious holiday, should the U.S. Postal Service deliver mail today?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't "just a religious holiday", it's a government recognized "National Federal Holiday".

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Its not just a religious holiday, its a federal holiday (like Labor Day or New Years Day).

So, no, the US Postal Service should not deliver mail today (or Labor Day or New Years Day).

• Velma
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Christmas is MORE than "just a religious holiday"!

Would you deprive the USPS employees of their right to the holiday and the Celebration of their "Religion"...on the biggest holiday of the year?

They have delivered our avalanche of mail for the past month ......They deserve a day off...and then some...our appreciation!

Blessing us with giving what we expect to get!

• 7 years ago

If you were to give the post office employees the choice- would there be enough people willing to work to cover the shifts.

Personally I have an other idea- how about we get rid of the post office let the mail get handled by fed ex and UPS. Don't give me the line they wouldn't deliver a letter for 50 cents- if you can make a profit at that rate - then they will if not- then the post office hides the real price of a letter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • india
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It may have been "just" a religious holiday at one point, but I celebrate my family on days like today. So do letter carriers.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Other than you, who claims "Christmas is just a religious holiday?"

• Moi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Its a legal holiday

• Shawn
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

It's a federal holiday.

• Sara
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Kindness dictates that we give everyone a chance to celebrate family and children on this day.

• 7 years ago

the banks and stock market are closed.

traditionally, when the banks are closed, the federal govt follows suit.

in case you all didn't know, banks run the nation...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.