Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 7 years ago

MPH degree and jobs - need answer ASAP pleaase. Very stressed !!!?

I am a student of Masters in Public Health (Epidemiology).

I was told I should opt for MPH in Health Policy and Management. But I am not sure which type of MPH (Masters in Public Health) should be better per job perspective. I dont have much idea of job scope after MPH in Health Policy and Management. I am planning to transfer from current university to another university due to location constraint but the university I want to join doesn't have MPH Epidemiology available for me. Please advise which type of MPH is the best bet to find job and more (higher number) of jobs.

I am very stressed as I don't want to make a wrong decision and I don't have much exposure into what is best per job perspective. Looking out for someone to guide me properly.

Also, if someone can tell me, if I can do a dual degree (MPH + Degree /Masters in IT) and if there will be benefits doing a dual degree. What combination of dual degree will be the best? Wondering if I can join IT/Business Analysis jobs (in health related projects) after this degree.

How to find jobs if there isn't a good placement committe in your university? Any links to job portals for MPH jobs?

Please consider me as a layman enrolled in MPH degree but not knowing enough about it.

I need to know everything about MPH and jobs and dual degrees etc. Everything that you can tell me.

Favorite Answer

All mph degrees are in decent demand, but less so for behavioral science and women's health. I think the healthcare policy /administration, biostatostics, and epidemiology are in higher demand. And yeah getting a dual degree is good, but DO NOT get it if u are just getting it because u think it will increase your chances of getting hired, u need to be geninuenly interested and wanting to do the jobs that come with the other dual degree