Connect Denon receiver to Samsung Smart TV?

I'm a bit confused here trying to connect my Samsung BN68 Smart TV to a Denon Reciever AVR-1312. I have 2 connect also a LG Blu-Ray Player and a Skybox for digital television. As I made a research on the internet everyone have trouble to connect them all together. Now I have connected like this: Skybox (HDMI Out) --- Denon Reciever (Sat/Cbl HDMI In) LG Blu-ray (HDMI out) --- Denon Reciever (BD HDMI In) Denon Reciever (Monitor HDMI Out) --> Samsung TV HDMI In

I have also one Optical Cable, tried to connect directly from TV to Denon reciever, from Sky Box to reciever. And no luck... I get the video from Digital television trough Denon Reciever, but no sound on Denon Audio System.

Changed all the settings aaccordingly, also no sound.

What is the secret help anyone!!!

Best Answer

The current connection you have should work with all devices connected to receiver via HDMI then receiver to TV via HDMI. The receiver needs to be on the correct input also. Are you changing inputs? Unplug the optical cable from the TV it is not needed. Have you tried changing different audio output settings on the bluray & cable box?

You connect the receiver to the tv using HDMI cable. Connect the Sky box using HDMI cable directly to the tv. Connect the Blu Ray disc player to the receiver using HDMI cable. Connect an optical audio cable from the tv to the receiver. When you want to hear the sound from the tv through the receiver, you have to select the source input that you connected the optical audio cable from the tv to the receiver. Your tv and receiver owners manual will also provide the proper instruction for the connection. Hope this will help you out.

• Jeanne

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axXrw

If this is the first time you're using the HDMI inputs on your receiver, you may have to program them. Unless the inputs are labeled HDMI 1,2,3 or however many there are, and you've already selected the correct input on your receiver. That is the first thing that comes to mind. I have an Onkyo receiver that has 3 HDMI inputs. The only input selections on the receiver's front were things like DVD/Satellite/AV and stuff like that. I set HDMI 1 to be DVD player, and HDMI 2 to be Satellite.