Are there any MDs out there that did Not vaccinate their child?

If so, why or why not? There's been so many controversies that I don't know what is true and what is not anymore.

Favorite Answer

Your second and third answers highlight why you should be very careful about listening to strangers on the internet.

Whooping cough vaccine is a dead vaccine. It cannot cause a whooping cough infection. Further, the most dangerous age to get whooping cough is up to 12 months, so if you don't start vaccinating until,12 months you leave your baby exposed to a relatively common, airborne and potentially fatal disease for the entire period they are most at risk. Does that sound like a good choice?

You can always find someone who will tell you that they nor x number of people they know weren't vaccinated and they are perfectly healthy. Such stories are worthless. Its easy enough to find a 90 year old who's smoked a pack of cigarettes a day since they were 15 and who doesn't have lung cancer too. Doesn't mean smoking doesn't cause cancer. Any "I'm all right" story misses the point of herd immunity, and of course, provides little consolation if your child is not so lucky.

There are no scientific controversies about vaccination. It is effective and far, far safer than contracting any of the diseases being vaccinated against.

I'd be surprised if you find an MD, a real MD, not someone faking it on Yahoo, who had not vaccinated their child. All the medical evidence points to vaccinations being safe. There are some old actresses online who are against vaccinations, but they don't have medical degrees.

Google "whooping cough deaths" and see if you think vaccination is still bad. There are a lot of babies who would be alive today if the people around them had gotten their shots.

I'm one of 8 children and none of us have ever been vaccinated. We are all incredibly healthy. Besides prenatal care I have been to the doctors twice in my life (I'm 22 years old) once for a physical to get my drivers license one for a bladder infection.

I have 3 children and 4 nieces and nephews none vaccinated and all healthy at can be

I chose not to mostly because of there ingredients. Aborted baby tissue and rat urine (just to name two) does not need to be in my Childs body. Also the they give them in under hospital, the hep b i belive can only be infected through dirty drug needles or sex. My newborn isnt going to need that. Plus most shots where off. My 35 year old aunt got the chicken pox. Her shot wore off, so what was the point in having it?shot

My youngest brother does from whooping cough as a baby BECAUSE of the vaccine. Also my sons pediatrician told me he didn't get his children vaccinated until they were a year old and I am doing the same with my son, who actually turns one a week from today. And let me tell you, he is the healthiest baby his pediatrician says he has ever seen.

My mother didn't vaccinate my brother or I until we were over a year old and we were, and have been extremely healthy all our lives. Our younger brother only got his shots because my mother remarried and her husband demanded his baby got his vaccines.

No doctor will tell this in openly as it is told by my doctor that if doctor tell openly government pull him in court for speaking against national policy. But it is true that most of vaccines excluding some few are useless and even are dangerous to child. My one son is Autistic. According to doctor some child not able to bear useless vaccines and becomes mentally retarded. and this happens in India. For details visit group discussion on www.autismindia.yahoogroups.com