Is adjusting to zoloft really that terrible?

My doctor prescribed 50mg of zoloft for my anxiety. But after I filled the prescription I looked up zoloft online and I read about how it is total hell for the first 2-6 weeks. It scared the **** out of me and I refused to take it or the klonopin. I started eating better, more omega 3 and raw vegetables and... show more My doctor prescribed 50mg of zoloft for my anxiety. But after I filled the prescription I looked up zoloft online and I read about how it is total hell for the first 2-6 weeks. It scared the **** out of me and I refused to take it or the klonopin.
I started eating better, more omega 3 and raw vegetables and fruits. I started a vitamin b complex and exercising every day. I only drink water and intake very little sugar. And I have been doing it for a month. I can tell my hyperventilation problem has gotten better because I have taught myself to breathe properly. So I don't have panic attacks as easily anymore but I am terribly afraid of everything. I cry a lot now because I can't drive anymore and when I try and go into stores I feel terribly suffocated and I make myself stay in the store to try and teach myself to accept and let the fear and panic pass through me but I can stand there and sweat billets for 20 minutes and the feeler does not ease up on me! I refuse to let myself run away whenever I get this uncontrollable fear because I want to face it and deal with it but it has been nearly 5 weeks and no amount of 'desensitization' I try... I always come out no better. I try camomile to help me sleep and sometimes melatonin but I still wake up 10 times a night.

My husband put his foot down tonight and told me I needed to at least try the zoloft because he was tired of seeing me suffer. I called the doctor and explained to him about what I had read that everybody said that the adjustment period for these drugs was terrible and everybody said that their anxiety got worse and it lasted for weeks and sometimes months. But he told me that I needed to stop reading off the Internet and that I could simply cut the pill down into a fourth and take it for a week, then a half for a week, and then a whole pill for two weeks and then I would need to come see him and he would talk to me. He said that it would take a month to really see a big difference and that I would might have some stomach issues and feel a little 'off' but that it would not last long at all.

Now I am confused! I thought it was suppose to be 'shaking, trembling, headache, million times worse anxiety, panic attacks every day terribleness to adjust to zoloft? But my doctor told me that it was their anxiety that was terrible and not necessarily the zoloft.