Help! Gimp 2.6 is freezing?

Hello, so I've worked very very hard and for a very long time on a drawing of mine but damn I forgot to save once in a while

So suddenly GIMP freezed but everything else is still working, like Google and such.

I've got a Dell computer, By the way.

Is there no way to retrieve the unsaved file? Or can I make it work again? 'Cause, the task bar of GIMP does not work. Not the tool box, layers, or even changing colors isn't able to be done because of how it froze! I am not able to save it, and if I right click it it doesn't do anything. Is there a way I can save it?

I cannot even copy the picture, because i have part of it selected.

PLease help. :c

Op- I have run a security scan and it still is not working.

Favorite Answer

There's no virus infection neither your computer needa any cleaning. Gimp needs a huge amount of memory depending on how huge the image is. Buy a larger ram. RAM is the main problem here.

Oh and remember to save during your progress of making something.

• B K

The program has crashed - it's as simple as that. All software can crash from time to time. When it has crashed - the program usually goes unresponsive, and there's nothing can be done - to kill it hit CTRL+ALT+Delete to bring up your task manager and end the program there.

If you didn't save your work it's gone sorry. When you use software like GIMP or Photoshop you need to save your work regularly as a precaution against crashes.

GIMP 2.6 is quite old now. Newer versions GIMP 2.8 are more stable. Look at getting one of the newer version. GIMP has improved quite a bit since these old versions. Since GIMP is free there's no excuse not to update to the latest version http://www.gimp.org

Do run a virus scan on your machine and clean first