Libby asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

What is the difference between anti-frizz shampoo & curl shampoo?

I have very curly, spirally hair and right now I use a "frizz-ease dream curls" shampoo (and conditioner) thing by John Freida. It works great, there's no frizz compared to before but I noticed they have another shampoo simply labelled as "frizz-ease" and I'm wondering what the difference between that would be? I don't want to waste my money buying it to try it out and wishing I had bought the one for curly hair. Like, shampoo isn't magical so what goes on to apparently enhance curls and battle frizz and is there even a difference?

I'm curious to try and loosen my curls if I can, so that was why I was thinking about trying out the frizz ease shampoo.

Favorite Answer

It won't work! It's part of a billion dollar business.

Hair products are NOT made of glue to fix, prevent, reverse hair from getting damaged, or hair loss, or make them grow . . . . they are a trillion dollar business. They also do NOT give money back guarantee for damaged hair or hair loss caused by heat & chemicals - hair's worst enemies. • Hair products may claim one or more benefits, but usually they do not have scientific base.

"No hair product can change the hair's biology," says Eric Bone, senior VP of global research and innovation @ L'Oreal USA. "Products that 'repair' them are like glue used to put a broken vase back together. At the end of the day, it's still broke," says dermatologist Paul J. McAndrews, MD, a clinical professor @ the University of Southern California School of Medicine. "Overall, products are a temporary fix, although some can help prevent damage. But your best bet is really to stop damaging hair, period."

Example 1: "Hello, my hair is bleached and I've colored it alot in the past.

I haven't retouched my bleached hair in a month or two and my hair is Constantly breaking off!!! I'm losing SOOO much hair!!! Especially in the middle of my hairline

Ive been using Moroccan oil conditioner, olive oil masks and my hair is still breaking off! PLEASE HELP ME."

Vidal Sassoon's brand was applied to shampoos and conditioners sold worldwide, with a commercial campaign featuring the iconic slogan in the 70's: "If you don't look good, we don't look good." He once said: "there's more money in the hair products than hairstyling".

Example from Craigslist FREE Offer: "Various hair and body items that I have used very little of each one. They are all excellent products but just do not work with my hair."

Find someone with beautiful healthy curls or silky, shiny (not greasy) straight hair and ask him or her to share secrets, preferably someone who is 40-60 years older than YOU. I have 5 decades, so you're getting the answers you need, right here! I won't charge you a penny!

Better yet, watch Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts's hair in that movie! Demi Moore's or Jennifer Gray (Dirty Dancing) hair in their older movies showed their curly sexy hair styles. In the 90's, they didn't have many hair products or heating tools and they also styled their hair many ways!

Very good example with very long & very tightly curls: watch Derek Hough dances with Brilynn Rakes, 17. Brilynn was chosen to dance on “DWTS” when producers saw incredible videos of the blind girl’s skills. Her hair was styled many ways w/out the use of heat! Like when you dye your hair and it looks really shiny and healthy and is also very soft, but once you're on your own, your hair will not have the same formula as the kit.

People slept with their curlers on, or sit in the beauty salon for 20 mins. under a helmet of hair dryer.

Curlers comes in small, medium, large curlers.

Small if you want tighter curls, shorter hair.

Medium: medium curls, medium length hair.

Large: longer hair, larger curls.

"smaller section of hair you use the tighter/bouncier the curl, and the longer bigger section you use the bigger the wave or loose the curl. "

Start your curlers, where you want the curls to begin.

You can also pin curls your hair, if they're short to medium. You can also braid your hair the night before, several sections of braid . . . .after they've been wash, all night and sleep with them, and take the braids out in the morning. Finger comb to style. Use scarf to keep them from the wind.

Hair guy Mark Townsend on Mary Kate Ashley's hair: "'ll use a one-inch curler to touch up any waves that aren't falling into place. Her biggest rule: no more than 5 hairpins ever and I MOSTLY stick to that!"

On Ashley Olsen's hair: "I loosely pin her hair into a low bun and let it set while she has make-up done. When I take out the bun, she has these great bends in her hair. . . ."Everything I know about hair texture I learned from Mary-Kate and Ashley, or more appropriately, I have such an incredible appreciation of hair texture because of them. They are blessed with having great texture and natural wave in their hair so we don't have to spend a lot of time to get that perfectly tousled look."

Source(s): When my hair was permed in the 80's 90's, it was down to my waist. I briefly blow dry, set them in large curlers, blow dry briefly, let them cool, take the curlers out, finger comb or shake my hair and I'm good to go. In the morning, I just spray lightly with water, scrunch, and I'm good to go!
  • Robyn

Curl shampoo will help define your curls and give them more shape, anti-frizz shampoo smooths your hair without taking into account it's texture. I personally use a pro naturals argan oil shampoo that de-frizzes AND defines the curls so it's a relief to have a 2-in-1 product.

The frizz ease one will be for straight hair so it won't tame your curls. It wont loosen them, it just wont work as well. You'd be better sticking with the one you use currently! :)

1

Source(s): Hair Fall Treatment http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?IZV1