Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 7 years ago

Entertainment for my horse?

I need toy ideas, food ideas to entertain my horse for the winter. He's out in pasture 24/7 and i live in canada, so it's cold here, so nothing that can freeze. He's going to be alone for awhile, so with food, what's a way I can slow down his eating so he spends more time with it, entertaining him longer.

Thank you! :)

Favorite Answer

Put a big ball into his pasture, like a gymnastic ball (I don't know how it's called in english, I'm from Switzerland :))

Or tie plastic bottles onto a yarn and hang them up somewhere so he can play with them too.

Or cut out a hole in a soccer ball and fill it with treats so he has to kick the ball around to get them out!

I don't know if it's actually helpful but I hope so :)

Alfa biscuits, apples, watermelon rind, carats all good treats. As for toy maybe a soccer or something for it to bite and kick.

plop a giant beach ball or space hopper in there to intrigue her!

put a mirror near the gate so she can see reflection and she'll think it's another horse!