Boochie asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

can i dye my hair with a semi permanent color day after perm?

First i put a black rinse in my hair and it looked wonderful! However the next dayi needed a perm so i permed it with the ORS Olive Oil perm! It is just a day after my perm and my hair is not the sane black...can i redye it ir should i wait??

Best Answer

The chemical in the rinse PLUS the chemical in the perms changed the color on your head. Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring. I do not recommend you add any more chemicals.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."

Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone.

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer. No allergies here, OR hair falls when I was dyeing my hair, but I had frequent migraines, the 1st one lasted 14 hours. My mom & sister also have breasts cancer, and I'm trying to be chemical-free as much as I can and watch what I put in my body. Mom started perming our hair in the 60's. Mom had bloody noses for 75 years, and doctors didn't know why, but she was diagnosed by age 89. Sister had double mastectomy by age 35, but she's been cancer free since the early 90's Action urged after hair dyes cause aller

yes , you are just depositing color and most semi-permanent colors are actually conditioning the hair, the reason you got faded was because you applied them in the wrong order, the perm chemicals faded out the color. and as for the answer above you had your hair dyed many times then stripped the color out completely , probably with effasol which sounds like was applied right on your scalp and left on toooo long, then she colored it , then you colored it darker.....what do you expect, your lucky your hair isn't breaking off at every weak point on your head. if you are a cosmetology student, you should have been advised by your teachers not to put your scalp through this and you should know what is being applied to your hair, oh well I guess that's how you learn.

its not about personality, it just what people would like to do. anyway be careful cuz sometimes dying hair black doesnt alwayz come out right, i've seen it before

• Luis

I honestly really like dirty blonde hair it looks really pretty